December 11, 2018 by Sean Parry
Did you know that a typical bed is home to between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites. They are tiny microscopic creatures, that feed on dead skin cells and thrive in warm and humid environments. Their ideal environment is between the bed sheets, in carpet fibres and soft furnishings.
Lots have been written about dust mites over the years, with growing coverage on their impact people with asthma and eczema problems. Although it’s not possible to eradicate every single dust mite, there are a number of simple ways to significantly reduce them.
Aim to do the following every day:-
– Pull back the duvet to freshen up the bed sheets
– Open the windows for 15 minutes to reduce humidity
Aim to do the following once a week :-
– Dust your room with a feather duster
– Change your bedding, washing at 60 degrees plus to kill all the dust mites
– Damp wipe any surfaces where dust might collect
– Vacuum the carpets and any soft furnishings
Of course, we would be happy help with your cleaning and housekeeping jobs! Further information can be found on our website, or feel free to call us if you have any questions.