March 25, 2019 by Sean Parry
Here at Neat Services, our clients regularly ask us for advice on cleaning specific household items and appliances. Among the most regularly asked is how to clean dirty oven racks. Following our from our earlier blog on how to clean the inside of your oven, we’ve put together a simple and eco friendly way to ensure your oven racks come clean and sparkling. All you need are a few basic cleaning products (baking soda and white vinegar), a bath and some patience!
What you’ll need
– 3 old bath towels
– Baking soda
– White vinegar
– Hot water
1. Lay down two of the old towels on the bottom of the bath. Lay your oven racks on top of this, ensuring that the racks are not in contact with the enamel of the bath tub.
2. Scatter baking soda over the oven racks and rub all around and underneath them.
3. Spray white vinegar over the racks and baking soda. It will start to fizz as the dirt starts to lift.
4. Fill the bath with very hot water (for best results, the hotter the better), ensuring that the racks are completely covered. Leave for at least a few hours or better still, overnight.
5. Take the racks out of the bath water, and wipe any of the remaining grime from them with the old towel.
6. Remove any of the dirt from the bath, wipe down and drain the water.
Of course, if you would prefer us to help with your cleaning and housekeeping jobs, we would be happy to help! Please take a look at our Services & Pricing or call us on 02036378307 for further information.